Almost 150 years ago, in February 1867, fifteen spirit filled people organized the First Presbyterian Church of Brunswick. With God’s Spirit these faithful people worshiped God in the Methodist and Baptist Churches as well as the Old City Hall. After six years of meeting in these borrowed places, the sanctuary was built and dedicated in December of 1873 then admitted into the presbytery one year later. The church continued to grow in numbers and the annex of the Sanctuary was added in 1914. Later in the 1950’s an Education Building was built and the chancel was expanded. Through the building additions and growth, God’s spirit continued to work and draw into the church.